Thursday, January 20, 2011

Puzz-ohs and snow.

Nine Xanderish hours today. Whew! Granny is exhausted. I was thinking I'd pour myself a glass of wine and go lay on my bed and watch TV for a bit. However, I figured I'd better blog first or before you know it, it'll be January 21 and the marathon will come to a screeching halt. You know me - Alb has always said I'm like a doll with moving eyes, lay it down and the eyes are closed before it's even completely horizontal.

We awoke to another huge dump of snow this morning. It's getting out of hand. Jade wasn't even sure she'd make it to work today. But alas she did, so I had the wee one from 9AM to 6PM.

Xander walked in the back door this morning and didn't even stop long enough to take off his boots and snowsuit. He bee-lined for his puzzles which he hadn't seen for three days.

"Puzz-ohs! Puzz-ohs!"



Might be a little easier to do a puzz-oh if you take your mitts off Xander

  He sat and assembled and disassembled and reassembled his 3 puzzles for over an hour. I was bored watching him so I tried to play cars with him.

"No road mat, Granny. Road mat at home." Apparently this generation of children cannot play cars without a road map printed on a piece of carpet.

He headed off to the play room where he spied the box of six puzzles that I had intended for his birthday in 5 weeks.  Yeah, like that was gonna happen now that he saw it.



He doesn't even look at the picture on the box
  After lunch we went out to assess the snow levels.



Except for the driver's mirror sticking out, you'd never know Jason's car was parked in the driveway.
 

We built an Eskimo dog house.
 


The picture doesn't do it justice, but our tunnel was about 10 feet long.
Jed squeezed through it but it was a tight fit.
 



The birch today - about 2 feet of snow.
 

This was Xander playing under the birch about 10 days ago - about 3 inches of snow.
 

We lined the driveway with "chairs"

 By this time Granny was pooped right out and oh so thankful Papa was home to play puzz-ohs for a while. 

No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...