Sunday, January 2, 2011

Gung Ho!


I want to write. Really I do. And I shall.

Every so often on Facebook someone will start a running picture commentary of their life They'll have an album called "30 days of Me" or "365 snippets of the life of So-and-so" or whatever.

Some have a set list of subject matter for each day (Day One: Post a pic of someone you love. Day Two: Post a pic of something you've lost. etc etc)  Other albums are just a pile of randoms, usually taken with a cellphone, of daily life of the person (Here's me putting on mascara. Here's me flipping the bird to a crazy driver. Here's a funny sign I saw today. etc etc)

I don't know if I've ever witnessed anyone finishing one of these projects of exhibitionism, so I don't know why I've made the decision to take one on, but I have. With a twist. Mine shall be words. And mine shall be posted here.

I decided a few days ago (however I'm careful not to call it a New Year's Resolution. I hate New Year's Resolutions) that I will write something, anything, every day for 30 days. Any writer's groups and courses and online exercises will tell you that the only way to become a writer is to write. And so I shall.

However, I must confess to trying to take the easy way out. I googled around for a while looking for a 30-day list of topics to get me started. I didn't exactly find what I was looking for but I found some interesting stuff. Watch for upcoming posts constructed from "Stream of consciousness writing" and "Flash Fiction Fridays"

I found some writing contests to enter, some blogs to follow and 1001 ways to wake up  your muse.

Oh yeah I'm gung-ho!

Didn't I mention I hate New Year's Resolutions?






No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...