Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Setting the neighbours straight...

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. Every vehicle that drives by on the street sounds like it's in my driveway with all the ice out there. All that snow. Then days of melting and raining. Then sudden drops in temperature. Everything, including the snow banks, are wearing an icy crust.

I hear the vehicle crunch, then I hear Jed leave the house. Then I hear talking in the driveway and think perhaps someone did drive up this evening. It's 10pm and I wonder who it could be so I look out the window to see a taxi leaving next door.

I open my door to hear Jed deep in conversation with my obviously drunk neighbour.

"Uh yeah. Good for you Shelly for not driving tonight. Drinking and driving isn't a good decision. Glad you got a taxi!"

One by one, I'm sure my son will get them all converted.

No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...