Monday, February 14, 2011

Hallelujah Mickey!

I wasn't thinking. I should have taken a video at church yesterday.

Xander loves coming to church with me. However now that he's closing in on his second birthday, it's hard to keep him contained and quiet for an entire service. He has discovered the nursery and looks forward to playing with the toys and books and things, but I usually keep him in the sanctuary for the worship part because he loves all things music.

My heart just melts when I see him raise his little hands whenever a song has the word hallelujah in it. He has recently learned to "sing" as well. It usually just sounds like babbling, but he's engaged in the music.

Yesterday he was dancing in the aisle waving his arms around when Jade and I realized he was singing actual words. While the rest of us were singing "Be Exalted, oh Lord" and other such songs, Xander sang along at the top of his lungs, repeating over and over, while dancing and raising his hands in worship, "Mickey Mouse clubhouse! Come inside. Mickey Mouse clubhouse. Come inside!"

He is just the cutest little kid ever. And next time I'll get a video so you can agree with me.





No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...