Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A-hem ... Mr Weatherman......

I've always said the defining moment of when a person is considered an old person is determined by the autumn time change. The year that time change becomes "Yay! An extra hour of sleep" instead of "Yay! I can stay out for an extra hour" you are officially old.

Of course the Spring ahead time change to Daylight Savings Time just sucks for everyone. But I must admit I love DST. Personally I think the entire world should just get together and decide that Daylight Savings Time will become Standard time and we'll have none of this messing around with losing an hours sleep.

I love the fact that it's not quite so bright early in the morning. And I love the fact that the sun is shining when I get off work at 6. It always gives me hope and reassurance that summer is on its way. However I think perhaps someone should remind the weatherman that it is the friggin' middle of March for pity sake!

This is what we woke up to in Prince George this morning. It looks beautiful out the window, but step outside and it bites you.


No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...