I know it's a valuable right that we, as citizens, are entitled to help determine the governing body of our country. But a person should really make a bit of an effort to make an informed decision before placing their check mark. It would be preposterous to chose because of someone's age, sex, race or hometown.
58% of registered voters actually made the effort to vote. Count me in the minority group of the other 42%.
It's not that I'm totally uninformed. Mostly, but not totally.
It's not that I'm totally complacent. Mostly, but not totally.
The candidate I would have voted for has won in this area by at least a 3-1 margin in the last few elections so I figured why bother.
As suspected, nothing was achieved by this pointless enormous expense - other than it was a minor diversion from the overwhelming invasion of American politics.
Besides, there's something totally wrong with the system when a party that receives only 10% of the country's votes manages to get 50 seats in the house (or 18% of the total seats) and another party gets 7% of the votes and zero seats. blah blah blah
I just didn't have the energy to participate.
However I had to rip up my voter card and get rid of it so my son would quit harassing me about not doing my civic duties.
I love words. I love to write them. I love to know their meanings. I love to know their origins. But speaking them - not so much. You can&...
My dad always loved gardening and puttering with plants. But was never a real horticulturist - he just sort of did stuff and waited to se...
We'd never been on a tropical vacation before. I've always secretly blamed this on my husband who has always preferred to drive wh...
One of the seasonal options with Art Class with a Wine Glass I love my job. I really do. I am an art facilitator. At least that is the ...