Friday, October 10, 2008

It was worth it.

I don't think I'd be willing to go through surgery every week just to get obedience and respect, but for this week, it worked.

I know when it comes to my blogging, Jed is a hot topic because he provides so much material on a daily basis. But to be fair, I must also show that he does have a touch of sensitivity and love for his mother on occasion.


The night before my surgery he had to dig out his Superman costume and get our picture taken together. I think somehow he was trying to rescue me.

It was touching.





After I'd been home from the hospital for a few hours I wanted a stir fry or some sort of veggies. Jed offered to order Chinese food and insisted on finding the phone number in the book and writing out the list:




Somehow from this list we ended up with:

1 Almond Chop Suey
1 Large Prawns
1 Chicken Chow Mein
1 Sweet & Sour Pork
1 Small Spring Rolls

It was delicious.

Later, I asked him to make me a cup of tea. I have 2 mugs I drink from: my purple pansies mug from Terri at work, and my blue cat mug from Alb that, 5 or 6 years ago, originally held a flower arrangement.





My tea arrived in a mug he had dug up from the depths somewhere:


No comment, just the mug of tea and honey.

It was refreshing.

1 comment:

Diva M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...