Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Feeling claustrophobic in my own space.

I could put it off no longer. I had to clean out the "little room". It was to the point that I could no longer open the door.

Actually it was worse than that - the door was open and there was so much stuff in the room, I could no longer close it, which means everyone could see the disaster inside. It was time for action.

There are still piles of stuff left over from the wedding. Things with no home. As much as I try to resist the urge, there are baby items starting to pile up. The shop is full of Jed's stuff waiting for the basement to be finished so he can move it in. The basement, of course, cannot have anything stored in it while the renos go on. Jed has moved into the spare room so I can't store things in there.


The front wall has been replaced upstairs in my kitchen and living room and it awaits gyproc. (That's an entire story on its own) So the pictures and things from the walls are sitting in various piles in the living room.




We are using the new dining area even though it has no walls or floors.



What used to be the coffee pot shelf unit has now been crammed into the back hall to fulfill its destiny as a junk collector:
I didn't get a before picture of the little room. And I doubt I'd have been brave enough to post it for the world to see even if I had. Yes this is an after shot:


Look! You can actually see a little piece of the floor. Which means there's space for me to put all the stuff that's been piling up in my bedroom.

So while I haven't managed to remove much from my home, I have shuffled it from one room to another and I feel like I can breath again. For a few hours anyway.

No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...