God is pleased. Amen.

I've taken on the role of official church decorator. Mostly as a safe-guard against having teaching Sunday School once again become a part of my official ministry duties.

I'm quite excited about the task (ask me again in June, though) however, I find it very distracting on Sunday morning during sermon time. Brian is a good speaker and I enjoy listening to him but it gets difficult to concentrate while you are trying to guesstimate how many feet it is from the plug-in on the ledge to the north wall. And what if I just inched the drums over a bit to the left. I could probably fit the Christmas tree in behind there - or maybe I could rig up a stand for it so it looks a little taller than it is.

One day last week I was seeking a moment of me-time and found myself inside Liquidation World. They had some really cool Thanksgiving items at clearance-clearance prices. I even found some Christmas things - I'm determined to redo the dilapidated looking wreaths at the church sometime in the next month. I got quite a bit of stuff for quite a little amount of money - even though they double rung in a couple of items.

I decided yesterday that I'd better go get my money back for the extra items they charged me for. It amounted to about 13 bucks - not a big deal, but a good excuse to go back to Liquidation World.

I walked in the door and it was like a large vacuum just sucked me right over to the blue-ticket-item section. There was a huge table of 5-cent items. 5 cents!! That's a nickel. You can't even use a nickel in a parking meter anymore. We're not talking crap here. This was good stuff.

I got 100 floral things for revamping the wreaths for 5 cents each. I had just bought 4 of them the other day for a dollar each. I got candle holders- great for spring and fall decorating. As I skipped with excitement towards the check-out I had to pass a whole new Christmas aisle. Oh lordy! When my cart became heaped to the point of spilling out, I just said to myself, "Enough is enough. Stop now." I just had to walk away.

I spent 32 dollars of God's money from the minimal church decorating budget and I got a full cart:





I think God is pleased with my good stewardship. Amen?

Comments

jean said…
Your mama is proud! She taught you well!
mari said…
incredibly impressive!

Popular posts from this blog

What the cluck?

The Ugly Parts are Part of the Beauty

BFF