Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Oh the eerie silence.

Sitting here at my computer, I can hear two clocks ticking - one is 15 feet behind me and the other is in the kitchen. Other than that I hear nothing. Albert is sleeping after working night shift. Jed has gone home after spending 3 days with us. And the dog, well the dog has left home, so truly we are now empty nesters.

As far as dogs go, we could not have asked for a quieter more docile one. But still it's noticeable having her gone, after being accustomed to her laying, gently snoring, and farting under my chair for 12 years.

Our little Sergeant has moved in with Grandpa and Grandma Z. Now she has someone to talk to her during the day and let her out to pee. Her aging digestive system can no longer handle being in the house all day. And my aging digestive system was starting to balk at cleaning up the dog bombs in the basement after a full day at work.

Grandma likes the little bark she gives to warn that someone's at the door. Sergeant likes the acreage to roam. And I shall become accustomed to the silent, poop-free, hairless days of being a non-pet owner. Ahhh.

No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...