Monday, January 26, 2009

Love ain't always pretty...

"No, sir. We couldn't do that, we have a reputation at stake here."

That was the response my husband got when he phoned in an order of flowers to be delivered to me at work. He initially asked for a half dozen roses. Then something contrasting.

"Not only contrasting, but something that really doesn't match," he said.

"Well, we have orange carnations. But that would be ugly."

"What else do you have?"

"Um. We have some blue daisies. We also have some lavender status."

"Good. Put them all together and make a bouquet."

That's when she became worried about their reputation, knowing she had to deliver this to a business location and chances are others would see them.

Albert's reply? "Hey, after 27 years things ain't always pretty. But put it all together and you'll find it's beautiful..... and don't forget to add a pink ribbon."

And he was right.

Of course when they arrived at work I had no idea the story behind the variety of flowers, but I thought "How funky and unique." I did know right away that he had specifically asked for the pink ribbon.

That's my husband the flower designer and marriage maintainer: funky and unique.



1 comment:

Jean said...

this is a beautiful commentary and tribute to your hubby! love mom

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...