Saturday, January 3, 2009

For everything else there's Mastercard.

About once or twice a year Jed treats the family to take out. A couple of months ago he ordered pizza from Panago. It was his first experience at paying at the door with his bank card. The hand held machine asked him if he wanted to pay a tip. Since only he and the driver were at the door, he asked the driver what he should do. The driver, thankfully not taking full advantage of the situation, told him just to add 2 dollars.

I don't know what he pressed, but the tip came to 26 cents.

We all kind of chuckled about this and I thought I should stop off at Panago the next day and leave the nice guy a tip - however I never did. Ah, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Brandi and Kore were up over the Christmas holidays and one evening were going out to dinner with friends. Jed was feeling left out and decided he'd walk to Boston Pizza to treat himself to his own dinner out.

Glad for a nice quiet evening of steak and hockey with my husband, I handed over Jed's bank card. (For obvious reasons, I am generally the guardian of the plastic)

A couple of hours later Jed returned and proudly showed me his receipt:

Thai Chicken Bites: $8.95
Sirloin Steak: $19.25
3 Beer (yes THREE): $15.85
Chocolate Addiction Dessert: $6.95
Knowing how to leave a $20 tip: priceless.

Total bill $71.73

No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...