Saturday, January 17, 2009

Behold what manner of ugliness lies beneath my bra.

I bought a new bra for 120 bucks. This was actually a little less than I was expecting to pay. I should have splurged long before now. At the very least I should have taken my old one off to wash it and clean the scum that builds up underneath in the creases and crevices. I had occasionally lifted the edge and sprayed some water in there, but that really did very little to clean things. But alas, I must confess my bra had been on day and night for eight years. Yup, eight years.

It's hard to believe I've had my Little Black Jet that long. Truly I still think of it as my new car, even though I've never owned a vehicle this long. Even Barney the ol' purple dinosaur truck was only in our possession for 7 years.

I'm not sure why I happily spend $120 on a bra for my car, which I anticipate will be with me for no more than 15 years max, yet I begrudge the D sisters anything over $19.99. These sisters whom I am counting on remaining with me the rest of my life.

I know the sisters have caused me a little grief recently, but perhaps it's just their way of saying, "Hey, we're here. Remember us?"

I'm thinkin' maybe I'll splurge. Get frivolous. Live on the wild side. Maybe I'll visit Top 'n Bottoms and see if I can spend another hundred bucks and get something more aptly suited to the D sisters, who are actually now more like C-and-a-half/D fraternal twins who don't look alike.

While I may be willing to spend equal money on my two bras, I probably won't go so far as to make them both black leather.


No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...