Monday, January 28, 2019

Bruce. Sexy and Available.

Bruce. 

He's pretty sexy. For a heap of deteriorating metal, rubber and leather with a splash of plastic and electronics thrown in. 

Here he sits above Tobiano and Kamloops Lake January 13, 2016 with  less than 100 km on his odometer. 

While I find him sexy in the realm of trucks, he does also intimidate me with his size and power. 

And so I shall sell him and get myself something more appropriate for my Granny lifestyle. Like a Tiguan, a Rogue or a Cherokee. Rav4's, Escapes, Crosstreks and Encores have also made my final cut of options. And I welcome your input, opinion and guidance in regard to my top 7.  Narrowly missing the cut are the Qashqai and a Lexus. 

While Lexus is slightly into the next level budget, I was willing to contemplate it if the comfort and convenience justified the extra coinage... that is until I saw what the 2019 version looked like. OMG... it's so f'ugly that I would not purchase it if it was 10 grand less than my other prospects. 

What were they thinking when they designed this front end???!!! 
But enough about the obliterated Lexus. Let's get back to Bruce.  Bruce is a Ford F350 Lariat who was built in 2015 but we purchased in 2016.  And he's not very commonplace. Most F350's have diesel engines. But not my Bruce. He is gas powered. And our reasoning for this, three years ago when we added him to our family is: Gas powered trucks in general are about 10 grand less than diesel right off the lot. And gas is 10 to 15 cents a litre cheaper than diesel and any eventual repairs are about half the cost of diesel repairs. And we didn't really need the extra towing capacity that diesel provides. 

So to sum it up, I have a gas powered  1-tonne truck for sale. Three years ago his window sticker listed him at $68,800. His current odometer reads 50,211km (31,200 miles for old school folk) In addition to what's listed on the window sticker, he has a remote start and there is a box liner. He comes with two sets of tires on rims. Those are the only options that are visibly obvious to me - there could be more) PLUS of course the DNA of my precious Albert is embedded in the seats and other areas that make Bruce invaluable.  


The original window sticker










He's a bit dusty. But I plan to have him detailed and presentable "as new."  If you are interested in taking Bruce home as part of you family, please contact me here in the comments. Or contact via PM on FaceBook or text/call me at 250 649 6986.  


Here I've listed a few comparable options out there. I had to reach out to BC, AB and ON because a  gas F350 is  actually hard to come by. 
I'd like to get $44,000 for Bruce. I think this is a really fair price, but I'm open to talk.



PS: His name is Bruce (and if you message me, I will tell you why) but he is totally open to having a name change.

No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...