Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Gratitude and Attitude.

January 15th??! How'd we get here already.

I was off to such a flying start, blogging 3 days in a row, finding things to be grateful for each day and generally feeling kinda smug that 2019 was not going to take me down. But take me down, it did.

Oh my goodness. I have definitely been sicker in my life, but I don't ever recall being down and out for 11 days like that. Each day I'd lay in bed and think, "Ok, maybe today I will get dressed." And then I'd walk from the bed to the toilet to pee (less than 4 steps) and I'd need a nap.

I wore my Apple watch in bed because it took less energy to look at my wrist than to actually lift up my phone to see the time or read a text. I fell short of the ideal 10,000 steps every single day. (Ok, no surprise here as the only time I actually reached 10,000 was the day, before I got sick, that I shook 1.5 litres of whipping cream into butter and my watch thought I was walking)

One day I reached a grand total of 143 steps. And I attributed about half of those to coughing.

So, I may have lost the first 2 weeks of the year, but I'm ready to face the next 50 with gratitude and attitude.



So grateful to spend a couple of hours after school today with X&M and their Mommy. And even Daddy stopped in after work for a bit. Two weeks is a long time without snuggles in the life of a Granny. And the day topped off with a FaceTime visit with the girlies as well.  My heart is full.

No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...