Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hey, twenty bucks is twenty bucks.

They say exercise pays off. I don't normally give it much chance to prove this theory. However, today was a beautiful sunny day so I decided I'd walk down and get Xander for a couple of hours of Granny play time.

As I was walking along the road I stepped over a penny laying in the street. Of course the age-old saying crossed my mind, "Find a penny, pick it up. All day long have good luck."

Who needs luck so badly they'd be willing to stoop down to pick up a worthless penny, I wondered as I walked along.

And then out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of a folded piece of paper flapping in the breeze. It was a twenty dollar bill! Now, for that I'll gladly stoop. I glanced up and down the street to be sure no one had just passed by and dropped it before that other age-old saying crossed my mind, "Finders keepers. Losers weepers." And off I skipped to Xander's house.

When I arrived, I discovered Xander had gone to the grocery store with Mommy. But am I ever glad I didn't phone to find that out before I left the house, or I never would have been on the street at this most opportune time and some spoiled little 8-year-old probably would have rode along on a bike and found this little treasure that perked up my day.

No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...