Saturday, March 28, 2020

Spreading Faster than Covid19


I opened Google up on my phone this morning and this is the screen capture. 



My Google screen capture this morning



I rarely click on trending headlines, but this one caught my attention.

I clicked on the story, even though I knew exactly what the content would be: A world-wide good  news story during this bizarre unprecedented pandemic we are experiencing.

You'd have to be living under a rock to not have come across at least one "hearts in the window" group in your social media feeds. And they all started eleven days ago, right here in L'il Ol' PG, under the creative direction of Bailey Grose.

Yes, ELEVEN days ago. (Well, depending on when you are reading this...) March 17, 2020 to be more precise. And it has spread across the world faster than Covid19 itself.

Bailey is the event planner who hosts and organizes Prince George's Original Wine & Paint Nights that Lauren Gull and I are honoured to be the resident artists for. She is also an admin for the HYPG Facebook group that has nearly 42,000 members.

The original "Hearts of PG" has lots of off-shoot groups across the world. Some are mentioned in the Toronto Star article.  Have you joined one? Do you have hearts in your window? I encourage you to participate.  Heck, join more than one group! And make sure you post a photo to the original Hearts of PG page and check out some of the amazing displays hailing from far and wide.





Painting watercolour hearts was a great distraction while in quarantine after returning from Maui. 






No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...