An App a day keeps the frustration at bay.

I used to love learning. I always loved school (not necessarily "going to school" but the learning part) and doing puzzles and things like that. But I have a fairly short stick-with-it-even-when-it-is-difficult-to-grasp attention span - hence I never went on to become a famous researcher able to save the world or anything like that. I tend to lean more to the creative side where you can just make stuff up as you go along and pretend that's what you intended.

I loved learning about computers and all that entailed back in the late 80's and the 90's. Besides actually learning about computers, I loved that they assisted you in learning other stuff - click a button to search or view and voila the information I required is at hand. Editing written stuff became a snap. I've long since given up reading books. On those occasions when I'm doing a group study or something I find it frustrating being unable to click on "find" and "search".

Even our TV watching has changed drastically with the invention of the PVR. We rarely watch commercials - you just press a button and zip to where you want to go. I even find myself occasionally in 'real life' subconsciously and momentarily wanting to press the back or forward button if I miss seeing or hearing something. - Someone should invent the ability to do that.

But I'm aging and my brain is slowing down as it gets crammed fuller and fuller with stuff. I no longer thrive on learning - I just wanna know it. I want to be able to plug my brain in and just download stuff. Take for example our new iPhones. I don't want to spend the time, effort and adventure of the process of learning it - I just wanna know how to use it. I want the destination without the journey.



My husband is forever reminding me that "life is a journey" hang on and enjoy the ride. Until our death, we will never arrive, there is always something else coming over the horizon. And so on that note, I shall resist frustration, enter the iPhone "Apps Store" and continue on my journey of learning.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the cluck?

The Ugly Parts are Part of the Beauty

BFF