Saturday, October 9, 2010

Size matters.

I was trying to impress upon my mother how amazing the iPhone is. You can get your email, do your facebooking, surf the internet, google an address etc etc (you can even make phone calls)  All with this 2x5 inch piece of wonder technology. She kinda burst my bubble a bit when she pointed out, "We have just finally gotten computer monitors to a decent 24" size - why on earth would you want to do all that stuff on a 2" screen."

Of course it's not the size that excites me, it's the mobility. As matter of fact the size of the screen and letters was a bit of an awakening for me. I was always proud of my top-notch vision in a family of glasses-wearers. But alas I  have come to realize my good vision was due in part to the large size of computers and TVs. Cuz trying to read my messages, especially in the morning, poses a bit of a challenge on the iPhone. 

I had to cave and get me some drugstore readers. WOW! I'm shocked at how failing my eyesight really is.  I can see!






No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...