Monday, April 5, 2010

Poking a vibrator in my eye.

I needed some new mascara last week. I'm a grocery store makeup kinda girl, and the thought of paying more than 10 bucks for anything really doesn't sit well with me. I lucked out and came across a basket in the beauty department filled with various items all wearing that fabulous pink triangular sticker.


For those who don't shop Superstore, the pink triangle indicates they'll take 50% off whatever price comes up on the computer. There are days when I wander the store filling my cart with pink stickered items and that's what determines what we will eat for the next week - but that's another story.


In the basket was a package of mascara that was coupled with a nice duo-shade of eyeshadow. It was the only one and it had no regular price indicated. There were some of the same mascara hanging on the shelf but without the eyeshadow. It was $17.99! Crazy. However, I reasoned that I could justify it at half price because it came with an eyeshadow. But to my good fortune, it scanned at $9 and I got an extra 50% off. Mascara AND eyeshadow for $4.50 - can life get any better?


I used the mascara a few times and I really liked it. About the third or fourth time I realized there was a piece of tape stuck to the end of the cap. I pulled the tape off, not realizing it was in fact one of those battery protector things and when I held the wand to my eyelashes it started vibrating. What the..!? A girl could lose an eye this way! Vibrating mascara - who'da thunk it.


But I have to say, in my limited makeup experience, this is without a doubt the most fantastic mascara I have ever batted my eyelashes to. You should get some.



No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...