Friday, November 7, 2008

Wiiiiiiii ... what a wonderful surprise!

Last Saturday was the first day that I felt like I might finally be able to stay awake for more than 2 hours at a time. So I celebrated with a little retail therapy.

When I arrived back home from the mall, Al F's vehicle was on the street and there was a strange black car in the driveway. I knew Al was coming to remove some firewood that was stacked behind our shop, and I assumed he brought some help with him.

I parked my car on the street and was walking up my driveway when this cutest ever little blond chick comes walking out from behind my house. I screamed like a girl!! And ran to hug my baby girl.

Brandi and Kore had bought a new car and took it for a little test drive and came for a surprise 24 hour visit. Ahhh! That was just what the doctor ordered. We had a little impromptu family BBQ and spent the evening challenging each other on the Wii. Ok, I mostly just cheered them on - one game of bowling was about all the energy I had to expend.

What a fabulous day.




Jed got home from a day working at the church and nearly fell back down the stairs.




Ken always wears mismatched socks when he comes to my house, so I'll buy him more for every Christmas, birthday, Easter etc.



Wii hula hooping was not invented for pregnant women. When Jade started having belly pains, I banned her from participating until at least the beginning of February. (Due date is Feb 23)



The Wii Fit calculated Brandi's Body Mass Index and immediately shrunk her icon to a stick figure. It was hilarious!


Sister love.



Chillin' after quite a few rounds of bowling, golf and tennis. He wouldn't hula hoop until the next morning when he didn't have an audience.
I think this was taken just after the girls kicked butt at a rousing game of taboo.

No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...