Saturday, May 10, 2008

Prov 16:31 Gray hair is a crown of splendor.

... and most of us pay a lot of money to get rid of it.

Jed's budgeting and financial skills are somewhere between nil-to-none. A lot of that is largely inherited, I suspect. Either way, I carry his bank card and dispense it for short periods of time on an as needed basis.

He reminded me yesterday morning that he needed his bank card because he had made an appointment for a haircut. He had just gotten a hair cut a few weeks ago, before going to Vancouver, and he even paid a substantial amount of money to get some cool blonde streaks put in. I, however, am the only one who has ever seen these cool streaks cuz he always wears a hat - even to bed.

So although he didn't really need his hair done, I was quite encouraged by his initiative to take an interest in his own person grooming, I handed over the bank card before I left for work.

When he said he was going for "a" hair cut, he meant "a" hair cut. I'm sure she only cut one hair because it really doesn't look any different - except for the colour. It no longer has cool blonde streaks. His hairdresser commented that this was the first time in her career than anyone has come in and asked for their hair to be dyed grey. Yes, he bought himself a crown of splendor. For eighty eight bucks. He also had lunch at McDonalds. He bought a 10-time punch card for the swimming pool. He signed up for private swimming lessons. He had lunch again at Tim Hortons.

So he goes on this rapid spending spree and did it even cross his mind that tomorrow is Mother's Day. No. This is why I control the card.

No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...