Saturday, April 23, 2011

Two goin' on Four

I've actually had a number of cute, funny or heartwarming "little incidences" in the last couple of weeks that I could easily have made blog posts of. I just didn't do it. No excuses. Just didn't.

I have to say that I am having a most fabulous Easter Weekend. Brandi and Kore are up for 4 days. The weather is fabulous. I have a week off work. My tulips are up, crocuses are blooming and cotton wood tree is full of buds. More than that, it's a weekend of reminder that my Lord has conquered death and I am going to heaven! Even if the Canucks are freakin' me out and I eat too much chocolate.

Today, while sitting on the back deck soaking up my first sun-kissed colour of the year and all my children and hubby around me, the window to the playroom was open and the TV was pumping out some music of the 70's. As often happens when Bob Seger comes across the airwaves, Alb says "Bobby!" But it sounds more like "Bah-Beee!" And it's about 2 octaves lower than he normally speaks. Xander repeated in the same deep voice, "Bah-Beee!"

Of course, every one of us laughed hysterically. Xander turns to Albert and asks, "PaPa, what's a bahbee?"

Last night while he played among the adults who were in conversation, he turned to his mom and asked, "Mommy, what's a 'piss'?"

I know it was funny and cute and all that. And I'm a little bit infatuated with this kid. But he just turned 2 last month. Isn't he a bit young to be asking the explanation of every word he hears. It seems to me this is more of a four-year-old thing.

No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...