Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Albert from Philly

Sometimes I wonder why God entrusted us with a special needs son. Poor kid.

Jed got moved from the pediatric ward to a regular 2-person adult room today.

I was sitting there tonight visiting with him and he turned to me in all seriousness and said, "Mom, Dad was just joking yesterday wasn't he?"

"I don't know. What did he say?"

It took every ounce of my being not to laugh, and just as much resolve not to cry when I replied, "Yes that was just a joke" to Jed's repeating of what his dad said:

 "If you don't hurry up and get better the angel Albert from Philly cream cheese is gonna have to come get you."

No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...