Saturday, January 2, 2010

Rebel without a clue.

I'm pretty excited about my new Canon Rebel camera that arrived this week. I don't really know the first thing about it but I'm excited none-the-less. It's been my theory that if I take a bad photo I can always fix it in Photoshop, but I've decided it's time to do it right.

I managed to get one of the lenses attached and the memory card installed. And I snapped some shots of Xander and Jade. It took a few minutes to figure out how to play back my images. Apparently there was only one image on the card, and this was it:




(click to enlarge this and you can count his eyelashes)


Obviously I was doing something wrong. I had no pictures of Xander and one of Jed's nose.

I'm actually sort of intimidated by this piece of technology for some reason. So I have signed up for Photography for Digital SLRs at LVS -an inexpensive little online learning centre I have taken a few previous 6-week courses with. Classes are only 24 bucks and while you are not likely going to change careers with the knowledge they provide, they are great sessions to help you get the most out of those unused programs hanging around in your start menu. They also provide lessons for other things ranging from Scrapbooking to Blogging to Painting with Acrylics etc.

You should check 'em out. And if you do sign up for something drop my name on your registration so I get credit for referrals.

Then after learning what the buttons and settings mean on the camera I am hoping to take a weekend photography seminar with my neice Tineke of Northern Persona in Quesnel.

Then watch out, my facebook friends, who are already inundated with my current 93 photo albums....

No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...