Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Childishly Immature? Or Agedly Senile?

Nancy. Her name is Nancy. Cuz she's so fancy.

I've had a few inquiries as to what I have named my new trailer. She's not exactly a vehicle but I've been expected to give her a name none-the-less.

I tossed around a few names but nothing seemed to fit. I sort of wanted a name that I could shorten to Freddie, like Winifred or Frederica, so I could have Freddie and Frankie (which I call Francesca, my car, whenever I pull out to pass someone ... "C'mon Frankie, we can do this.") But somehow those names just didn't fit.

But "Fancy" is a word I've heard from just about everyone who has visited her so far, and Fancy and Nancy just go together.

My next top pick was Pa'u Hana. (Pronounced Pow Hauna) This is a Hawaiian word literally meaning "work is done" but often used as a term meaning "Happy Hour."  Fitting for sure. But it just didn't have the right flow to it.  So Nancy it is.

However, let me introduce you to Pa'u Hana:


Pa'u Hana. 22-inch beagle who doesn't eat or poop. Won't grow or shed.  Doesn't bark or scratch & chew furniture. 


Introducing the dog to the cats, Oreo and Esmeralda. They get along famously. 

I'm not sure if I'm being childishly immature, or agedly senile. But I love my little stuffy zoo who keep me company at the lake. I've managed to spend 4 of the last 7 nights out there. And most nights I have the lake to myself. With my pretend pets, of course.

I will try to squeeze one more night in before winterizing on the weekend. Because I love the sound of rain on the roof :D





No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...