Wednesday, September 11, 2019

A-camping I Will Go, A-camping I Will Go...

Crrrrreeaaaak! That's the sound of a stretching budget.

So I posted two days ago about looking for a new-to-me travel trailer to park on my newly leased lake lot.  It was less that 24 hours later and I found my new seasonal home. I fell in love with her the moment I saw the photos.

And I bought her without even seeing her. How crazy is that hey.

And then I had to scramble around trying to find a ride home for her... from Shuswap Lake!

I've been looking around for a few weeks, but not terribly seriously because at that point I hadn't actually secured a lot. I was just gathering info and learning what kind of pricing to expect and checking out different layouts.

And to be sure, in my research I changed my mind on a few things that I thought I wanted and started wanting other things that I didn't realize I would want. It was a fun little exercise. And September is a great time of year to be looking.

After posting 2 days ago, I had a number of people share links and offer various deals. Thanks everyone!

I went and looked at a number of trailers and had a few strong contenders, but it was nice that I didn't feel pressure to find something right away - not before April really.

Then yesterday morning I came across this 2014 beauty for sale. And within the hour (maybe two) I had bought her, sight unseen. I hope I don't regret it, but I'm feeling pretty comfortable it was the right thing to do.

And she checked everything on the list with the exception of an outdoor kitchen. And that was listed as a bonus item. And to be honest, I don't know for sure she doesn't have one, but I don't think so. I'll forgive her.

I actually have a real sense of Albert's blessing. (And I didn't always even look for that when spending money when he was right here beside me. haha) And with the way everything seems to be coming together with coincidental timing and all that, I suspect Jesus is standing beside him cheering me on and opening doors and gates. I'm quite excited. Can ya tell?

She not only maxed the budget, she maxed in length at 32 feet. 

Wipe clean furniture! Good thing cuz it's plenty white. 

How's that for a camping kitchen. And that TV... it rotates 180 degrees so you can watch from outside. Not that TV is big in my life, but a cool feature none-the-less. Albert would have loved it as a 42" music book.

I really like the dining table rather than fold-down bench seating.  Can't wait to put flowers on the table. 

Maybe I will just sell my house.  :D  

So excited. And feeling very very blessed. 



No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...