Friday, March 19, 2010

Whining about the wine.

Our anniversary was a few weeks ago. My husband and I are coming to that time in life where we need nothing, and anything we want is far too ridiculously expensive to justify as an anniversary or birthday present. And so rather than accumulate more stuff, gifts are best when they are consumables.

And so, for our 28th anniversary my husband received from me 3 bottles of wine. Anyone who knows me, knows I'm always on the lookout for wine with interesting names or labels. The only requirements: It must be red. It must be less than 20 bucks.

Occasionally, even though we don't usually drink white, I splurge and get one if it has a real cool name or label like Cat's Pee on a Gooseberry Bush (thanks to Kore for that recommendation)


Here's what Alb got for our anniversary:



The note attached read "You are still my first love (primo amore) even though somehow your virgin has turned into a bitch."
Well, this was all fine and funny until he put the bottles away in the cabinet and returned looking rather strange. I'm not sure if it was relief or fear I saw. But I had some explaining to do when he discovered the bottle of white I had also added to the cabinet that day:





2 comments:

Jean said...

Love this blog! Bet he was running scared for a minute but then realized you couldn't live without him!

Jayme said...

Hahahaha..hilarious! That would have me thinking too! Soo funny!
-Jody

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...