Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Aging sucks. But it beats the alternative, I suppose.

I had the ultra sound on my ovaries last week. As I lay there on the table bursting at the seams of my bladder, the technician drove her little toy all over my belly. As I winced and tied my legs in a knot to prevent accidents, she apologized for the uncomfortable yet necessary treatment.

"Have you ever had anyone pis themselves here on your table?" I asked.

"No. No I haven't," she snickered.

"Allow me to be the first."

I went for the results today. Yay, my left ovary looks really normal and healthy. The right one... not so much. It is significantly enlarged. Whatever that means. Apparently its not alarming enough to pursue further investigation at this time, but I will need to have another ultra sound in 3 months and the results will be sent to my oncologist.

So I guess all-in-all that's goodish news.

My family doctor will retire in February. Lucky jerk. Hopefully I won't have to get too familiar with his replacement any time soon. On the bright side, thank God he has a replacement.

No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...