Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Life. She's a Funny Thing Sometimes.



Facebook reminded me today of this memory from five years ago. When I came 'out of retirement' to begin making money as an artist.

It took a bit of an attitude adjustment to be able to call myself 'an artist'. I always felt like a bit of an imposter or something. Not a 'real' artist.

I started joining fb artist groups and following other artists, including a local super-talent Erin F, pencil artist, who creates under the name "Velvet Lead Designs"
Oh, I admit to creeping on her profile and being a wee bit envious of both her beauty AND her talent. And though some of her subject matter is perhaps a bit dark and/or provocative for my decor style, it has an innate ability to evoke emotion. And I admire that. I dreamed of maybe one day having a piece of Erin's art in my possession.

What I NEVER dreamed was that within five short (long??) years, I would be a step mother.

And not only a step mother, but a step-mother-in-law.

Yes, I am a step-mother-in-law.

To the one and only Erin F.

And a piece of her art hangs above my bed in my brand new house.

Who'da thunk it!


No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...