Friday, January 10, 2020

Charcuterie for Dinner


Charcuterie board for dinner tonight!

Which is just a fancy way to say meat and cheese plate. 

In reality, what I'm having are little bits of scraps of stuff I found in the fridge: two radishes, a wimpy stalk of celery, three inches of garlic coil, two pounds of mushrooms and 27 varieties of cheese. And an open bottle of antipasto - it still looks and smells fine although I don't remember how long it's been open. I'm sure I won't die. 

I cleaned my freezers out last week. It was the fridge's turn today. 

Oh my goodness. I throw away so much food. Between the freezers and fridge I have tossed enough food to feed a family of four for three months... if it wasn't either freezer burnt, slimy or growing green stuff. 

How do fridges get so bad? I'm the only one who lives here. Under the crispers was a layer of brown powder. I'm unsure if it was dehydrated soy sauce or steak blood, but I don't remember spilling either.

I found 7 bottles of mustard. Seven. Dijon, horseradish dijon, old fashioned dijon, two bottles of yellow mustard and two 'fancy' varieties.  I don't even like mustard.

There was a bag of spinach that looked like an 8th grade science project. And a tupperware container of, I'm not really sure - looks like it was either roast beef or spaghetti at one time.  

Having a clean and organized fridge is always so nice. Kinda like washing the kitchen floor and laundering the bedding - so nice and fresh and you always wonder why you don't do it more often.  I did all three today.

It was a good day to be snowed in. 




So fancy



More my reality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate, I buy food with great intentions and get distracted with other life activities . . .and then the inspiration is lost. Time to be more responsive to my abilities vs expectations.
Good to start with a clean slate/fridge
New year, new goals!

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...