Friday, June 28, 2019

Butter Me Up

So I was today years old when I learned that cream is supposed to be at room temperature before you shake it into butter.
I had a 1-ltr unopened carton of heavy whipping cream in fridge that expired yesterday so I thought I'd give this tidbit of information a test.
I shook half of it cold straight from the fridge. It was a good workout to the point that my Apple Watch asked if I was doing exercise and should it be recording the session. I said, "Sure what the heck, I might as well get the brownie points." And in 12 minutes and 50 seconds I had a ball of yummy butter.
And I was exhausted. So I had a nap while the other half of the cream warmed up to room temperature.
Two hours later I timed the second jar. One minute and eight seconds. True story! It didn't even count as a workout. Apparently the first 11 and a half minutes of shaking is only to create friction to warm the cream up.
Dude. Did anyone else know this? (Or does anyone else even shake the crap out of their expired whipping cream?? Maybe I'm alone in this.)


You just can't top home-shaken butter with a healthy sprinkling of pink Himalayan salt. So yummy! 

No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...