Thursday, November 7, 2019

Is This My Actual Life?

Sometimes it's just too early to go to bed so you invent distractions to get you through to the end of the day.

As I am closing in on the one-year anniversary of my Albert transforming into the presence of Jesus, I've sort of been hypersensitive to it. So in my "distract yourself until you can justifiably go to bed for the night" mission, I decided to peruse his Facebook timeline to see what his last official post was about this time last year.

While he did have a few posts from other people that he shared in November, my heart was blessed by these final few posts.

One year ago today, on November 7th,  he shared this post of Beatrice.



And on October 27, 2018 Albert officially made his last Facebook post on his own timeline:




Oh my how Daphne, his little Schmoey-Girl loves that book. He probably read it to her 40 times in his final weeks. And she loved it every.single.time. Here's my video version of it:


Oh, to hear him bust out in spontaneous song just one more time. 



On October 25, his final birthday, he made this post:






I neither "liked" nor commented on this post. I don't actually remember ever seeing it.  However I wrote a book about it.  That kinda blessed my heart to see.  And now I can peacefully call it a night and go to bed.   





Sometimes I think, "Is this my life...it's so shitty." Other times I'm overwhelmed with thoughts of, "Is this my actual life...I am so blessed."

(Feel free to contact me if you haven't yet gotten your own personally signed copy of Bluebird's Song, my tribute to Albert. A children's book with a message and illustrations for anyone of any age.) 





No comments:

Happy Swim-a-versary to Me!

These two selfies were taken exactly 75 minutes apart.  On January 8, 2023.  The first, as I was proudly about to walk into my very first sw...